Paul A. Barrera
Paul is the founding attorney of North City Law. Paul offers advice and representation in business, estate planning, real property law, probate matters. His work includes serving in business disputes and commercial lawsuits, and Trust and Estate Dispute Resolution Act (TEDRA) dispute. Paul is curious to learn about his client’s interests and risks. Based on his understanding of his client’s position, Paul gives strategic options to empower choices. During client intake and interviews, Paul listens for key gaps in a story to root out hidden issues. In disputes and litigation, Paul helps clients re-frame the situation to conform to the applicable legal theory. When clients trust Paul with their business, Paul ensures money is spent wisely on result-oriented choices.
Prior to law school, Paul worked for six years in finance as a cost analyst and fraud investigator. In his work for financial institutions and companies, Paul saved them money through accurate reporting.
Personally, Paul’s interests include his three children, traveling to new places near and far, and following political news as a concerned citizen. As a tax professional and attorney, Paul will work to protect your wishes, grow your assets for your business and your family, and help you when you face difficult challenges in life.
- L.L.M., Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, 2024 (expected)
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2016
- M.B.A., Seattle University Albers School of Business and Economics, 2016
- B.A., History, Minor in Latin American Studies, Seattle University, 2007
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Washington, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2021
- U.S. Tax Court, 2021
- Tax Advisor, Block Advisors, 2017
- Tax Intern, Grant Thornton LLP, 2016
- Legal Intern – Litigation, Amazon.com, Inc., 2015 – 2016
- Legal Intern – Products, Operations, and International Expansion, Amazon Web Services (AWS), 2014 – 2015
- Legal Intern – Corporate and Sales, Avalara, Inc., 2014
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- President, Shoreline Rotary Club
- Webmaster, North City Business Association
- Founding Member, Shoreline Bar Association