Alexis C. Oles
Alexis Oles joins North City Law as a senior attorney after working at a law firm in Anacortes, Washington since 2017. Prior to law practice in Washington, she was an attorney in Florida for 12 years. Her current practice focuses includes elder law, trusts and estates, construction defects, breach of contract and preparation of contracts, real estate and property disputes, and various business practices issues. She has successfully resolved cases through motion practice, and also has extensive experience handling arbitrations, mediations, and trials in both Washington and Florida and has practiced in both State and Federal Court.
Mrs. Oles studied law at Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and earned her J.D. in 2005. She then worked for twelve years handling Insurance Defense claims, specifically in the areas of medical malpractice defense, personal injury, nursing home, negligent security, premises liability, automobile and trucking claims, and first party property disputes before moving to Anacortes in early 2017 with her family. Her husband has spent more than 20 years in the United States Navy which brought them to this beautiful place they call home.
Mrs. Oles, her husband, her two young children and their two dogs spend their weekends enjoying time together at their cabin. Mrs. Oles enjoys her free time coaching her children’s soccer teams and reading with her book club.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2005
- B.A., Criminology and Political Science, University of Miami, 2000
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Washington, 2017
- Florida, 2005
- Attorney, Souders Law Group, 2017-2023
- Attorney, Progressive Insurance, 2016-2017
- Associate Attorney, Wicker, Smith, O’Hara, McCoy & Ford, P.A., 2008-2016
- Litigation Associate, Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., 2005-2008
- Law Clerk, Payton & Carlson, 2016-2017
- Teaching Assistant, Nova Southeastern University Law Center, 2003-2004
- Law Clerk, Goren Cherof, Doody & Ezrol P.A., 2004
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Soccer Coach, Anacortes Parks and Recreation
- Family Readiness Group (FRG) Leader, United States Navy VP4 Whidbey Island