Intellectual Property and Patent Lawyer
Why Obtain A Patent
If you have an idea or invention, and you feel that it has value, it is probably worth protecting. The patent grant would provide the owner with “the right to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, or selling” the invention in the United States or “importing” the invention into the United States. The first step in any legal process, is to research to see how your idea may best be written in order to secure your patent. A patent lawyer can assist you with this research and preparation needed to secure your patent.
Types of Patents
- Utility patents – These patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter. This also includes any new and useful improvement thereof;
- Design Patents – These patents may be granted to anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of manufacture.
- Plant Patents – These patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers (and/or asexually reproduces) any distinct new variety of plant.
Enforcing a Patent
Once you have a patent there still may be future challenges. You have been granted a patent but you have the right to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, selling or importing the invention. Once a patent is issued, the patentee must enforce the patent directly or with a reputable experienced patent law firm.
We offer the following patent services
- Patentability Search Opinion
- Provisional and Non-Provisional Applications
- Office Actions
- USPTO Appeals and Petitions
- PTAB Representation
- Infringement Analysis/Opinions
- Validity Opinions
- Litigation Support